Tutorial - How to Sew a Bab
If you sew ribbons into your ball it may help to pin them in place to ensure that you do not sew over the loops.
All patterns, pictures and text found on Craftideas.info are property of this website and may be only printed out and used for private or non-commercial purposes. It is not permitted to use them on the internet or in any other publication.
Baby Ball Craft Project
This is a great way to use up scraps of fabric. Also try creating balls of different sizes for your child.
1. Create your template and trace around it on 6 pieces of fabric scraps. Be sure to lay the fabric on the grain.
2. These are the cut out pieces.
3. Pin the first 2 pieces together and then pin a third side right away to this piece.
4. Sew the first side with a 7mm or 1/4” margin, then sew the second side.
5. 1/2 of your ball is now completed. Repeat steps 1-4 again for the 2nd half using the same color order.
6. Once both halves are finished, pin one side of one half to one side of the other half. Make sure that the color order is correct. Sew these halves together.
7. Now pin the last side to the other side. Sew both sides together but leave an opening in the center for turning.
8. Turn your ball and stuff as desired.
9. Hand sew the opening closed.